What and How Much Can You Toss into Your Rental Dumpster: Insights from a Dumpster Rental Company in Cicero, Illinois
Whether you’re taking on a home renovation project, or you’re demolishing an old structure in Cicero, Illinois, one thing is almost certain — your project will generate a great deal of waste.
As such, it’s important to find a reputable dumpster rental company in Cicero, Illinois to keep your waste materials contained. When you’ve decided to rent a roll-off dumpster, the only thing left to figure out is what and how much you can throw in it. We’re going to explain everything you’ll need to know about the subject below.
What Can You Throw Inside a Roll-Off Dumpster?
While you may be tempted to chuck everything into your dumpster rental, keep in mind that certain types of trash require unique disposal methods and cannot be thrown in with your household junk.
We recommend always inquiring about the disposal policies with your Cicero dumpster rental company. They will help you understand what can and cannot be discarded. In general, you should avoid throwing the following items into a roll-off dumpster:
- Animal carcasses
- Car parts
- Chemical/petroleum waste
- Household cleaning fluids
- Medical waste
- Paint, sewage, and septic waste
- Radioactive materials
Your dumpster rental company in Cicero, Illinois will most likely have its own list on what you can and cannot toss in the dumpster rental. Therefore, it is a good idea to discuss the type(s) of trash you are disposing of with them.
Understanding the Weight Limits
Dumpster rentals in Cicero, Illinois are available in a wide range of sizes. This means that you can be sure you will find the perfect size dumpster regardless of the type of project you are working on — whether it be a small cleanout or a sizable commercial clean-up project.
Most Cicero dumpster rental companies will let you fill the waste to the brim of the container, but not above it — this is because they are required to cover the top during transportation. With that said, there are specific weight requirements that you must follow.
- A ten-yard dumpster rental is designed to hold up to 2 tons (or 4,000 pounds) of waste, which is adequate for a small kitchen remodel or a small garage cleanout. Because a ten-yard dumpster can fit in a standard driveway, it is commonly used for tight spaces.
- Twenty-yard dumpsters are the most popular size dumpsters and hold up to 8 tons (or 16,000 lbs) of waste material. This is the dumpster of choice for large kitchen remodels, multi-room clean-up projects, new home construction, and major home repairs.
- While a twenty-yard dumpster will suffice for large-scale home renovations, demolition and large commercial clean-up projects may necessitate a larger container. A thirty-yard dumpster can hold up to10 tons (or 20,000 lbs) of debris, including heavy and bulky items.
If you are not sure what size dumpster you need, your Cicero dumpster rental company will be happy to discuss your project and help you determine the right size.
Looking for a Dumpster Rental Company in Cicero, Illinois?
If you are looking for reliable, fast, and worry-free dumpster rental services in Cicero, Illinois, you can trust the experts at Economy Disposal. With our everyday low rates on our roll-off dumpster rentals, they can be a great solution to your waste removal needs.